Thursday 30 December 2010

Meal plan for Week 1, w/c 1 Jan 2011

I know it is unusual to start a week with a Saturday, but first day of the month, first day of the year, seemed a logical starting point, right?


Anyway I have set out my intended meal plan for the next week below. What you need to know is that for religious reasons I don't eat meat, egg, etc 3 days a week - Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and I don't eat beef at all.


So basically I have got 3 "vegetarian" days, 3 "normal" days and 1 binge day in a week. So I think
if I can come up with a few meal options for each meal for each kind of day, that should see me through for a few weeks at least anyway...that's my thinking anyway.


Vegetarian meals:


  1. Whey protein shake, pinto beans, grilled peppers
  2. Whey protein shake, black beans, stir fried aubergines/eggplant
  3. Whey protein shake, lentils, broccoli/cauliflower
  4. Cottage cheese, refried beans, guacamole, stir fried peppers, spinach/green leafy salad
  5. Cottage cheese, stir fried mixed vegetables, green leafy salad, maybe some black beans
  6. Cottage cheese, lentils, spinach
  7. Whey protein shake, refried beans, stir fried peppers, guacamole, green salad
  8. Cottage cheese, stir fried aubergines/courgettes (that is eggplant and zucchini), lentils
  9. Whey protein shake, pinto beans, asparagus
  10. Refried beans, cottage cheese, jalapenos, broccoli, spinach


Normal meals:
  1. Scrambled eggs, topped with salsa, with refried beans and grilled peppers
  2. Fried egg and turkey rashers, stir fried mushrooms, lentils
  3. Boiled/poached eggs, salsa, spinach leaves, pinto beans
  4. Grilled chicken breast, guacamole, refried beans or pinto beans, grilled peppers, green salad, salsa
  5. Chicken curry, steamed broccoli, lentils
  6. Grilled prawns, leafy salad, black beans
  7. Chicken in tomato sauce, grilled peppers, pinto beans
  8. Turkey and mushroom omelette, spinach, lentils
  9. Salmon fillets, asparagus, spinach, black beans
  10. Tuna chunks, cottage cheese, pinto beans, spinach
Other points:
  • At first glance there is a lack of fats in my eating plan, but I think I will be using enough olive oil and guacamole/avocados to make up for it. If not I can add a few nuts to supplement this. 
  • I will be having 4 meal a day, probably breakfast, brunch, late lunch and dinner. Eating times will be approximately 7AM, 11AM, 3PM and 7PM. 
  • I will have some carbs, maybe a bit of bread or oats or something within 30 minutes of a resistance workout, but that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment