Wednesday 29 December 2010

So What Exactly Is The Plan?

The plan is to follow the nutritional and supplement guidelines set out by Tim Ferriss in his book, The 4 Hour Body:




The basic principle is to follow a "slow carb diet", with the following 5 basic rules:

  1. No white carbohydrates - bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, sugar, and so on. They cause insulin spikes and fat gains/retention.
  2. The same meals over and over again, broadly rotating the same 5 or 6 meals over and over again over the course of say, a week. Each meal should consist of protein, legumes and vegetables.
  3. No drinking calories - that is milk, fruit juice and fizzy drinks. Drinking loads of water and unsweetened tea and coffee.
  4. No fruit except tomatoes and a limited amount of avocados.
  5. One binge/cheat day a week - no limits, no rules, no regulations - whatever you want, enjoy!
There is more to it than that but if I gave it all out on here, you'd have no reason to be buying the book - and Mr Ferriss may land me with a lawsuit or something like that...I dunno...

But a brief overview of some of the other guidelines:

1. At least 20g of protein per meal
2. 30g of protein within an hour of waking up
3. Drinking loads of water
4. Maintaining caloric load
5. No artificial sweeteners
6. No overtraining - so resistance work 2-3 times per week max

Avoiding fat gain on a binge?

You are probably wondering how you avoid fat gains by going gung ho all out on 1 day a week. Tim does provide some extra advice and some supplementation recommendations (called PAGG) to avoid this. It all checks out from my own knowledge and experience and my extra research so we will see how it all goes. 

I am excited...

I really do feel like this is my big opportunity to turn over a new page in my life and finally be where I want to physically. I can't wait to see how things unfold, starting from 1 January 2011. Let's do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment