Tuesday 11 January 2011

Day 11

I swear Im still not getting enough calories in on this plan based on my physical activity and fitness level. I know we're not meant to be counting calories on this plan, but surely you need a certain minimum to put on muscle (following conventional science) which I don't really think I'm doing

Breakfast: 250g Quark cheese and 100g of lentils - for some reason can't stomach most vegetables at breakfast. 237 calories

Had a circuit workout, moderate intensity.


Lunch 1: 2 scoops of whey protein in a protein shake, 115g spicy refried beans, 1.5 bell peppers and 0.5 red onion stir fried in olive oil, 30g smooth peanut butter. 637 calories


Lunch 2: 250g Quark, 115g spicy refried beans, 1.5 bell peppers and 0.5 red onions stir fried in olive oil, 30g smooth peanut butter. 603 calories


Dinner: 120g mushrooms, half a red onion, 10g olive oil, 250g broccoli, 250g cauliflower, 100g passata (NOT PASTA before anyone corrects me), 2 scoops whey protein, 30g peanut butter. 650 calories


Came to a total of 2162 calories - of which 531, just under 25%, came from peanut butter - which I still suspect I over estimated. And the thing is I am actually forcing it down - its not even like I am all that hungry for it - I just feel like I need it to up the calories.

I guess we all need to play around a bit and experiment ourselves and see what works best for us and our own goals and that is what I am doing. I just don't think there is any way 1,500-1,600 calories a day would get me to my muscle-building goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment