Monday 10 January 2011

Fat blasting workout

Obviously this is based massively on current fitness levels, but I really don't find Tim's four hour body suggested workout that challenging or invigorating so invented my own, based on interval training and tabatas, which are conventionally thought to be the best workouts for fat loss.

I think I will probably use a workout like this 2 days a week, to supplement my 3 times a week personal training and 1 run a week. I do want to do a bit more running than I have scheduled for, but don't want to overdo it.

Be warned that this is going to be pretty advanced, especially if you're new to using kettlebells so do be careful.
Only equipment required: 1 light kettlebell, 1 heavy kettlebell, (weight will need to be based on your own strength and fitness levels - what you find challenging) and a clock

Warm-up: 
I warmed up with a non-stop 100 swing mission with the light kettlebell. I used an 8kg one.
You can also do a few minutes jogging instead to get your blood pumping and muscles loosened up.

Intervals:
30 deep squats
60 seconds of heavy kettlebell swings (I use 16kg)
30 push ups
60 seconds of heavy kettlebell swings
15 lunges on each leg
60 seconds of heavy kettlebell swings
15 burpees
60 seconds of heavy kettlebell swings
15 Romanian deadlifts (holding lighter kettlebell) on each leg
60 seconds of heavy kettlebell swings

Tabata:
20 seconds kettlebell swings using right arm only
10 seconds rest
20 seconds kettlebell swings using left arm only
10 seconds rest
20 seconds right armed kettlebell front squat
10 seconds rest
20 seconds left armed kettlebell front squat
10 seconds rest
20 seconds right armed kettlebell push press
10 seconds rest
20 seconds left armed kettlebell push press
10 seconds rest
20 seconds 2 arm kettlebell swing
10 seconds rest
20 seconds 2 arm kettlebell swing
10 seconds rest

Total workout time: 25 minutes

Get a sweat on!!!!
Its been about 90 minutes and my legs are still burning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment