Sunday 30 January 2011

Whoops....

Ok so I have been terrible at updating this blog.

To be honest I think I am going to take a short term (couple of weeks) break from the slow carb eating plan. This last week a couple of things have made me want to step back from it for a bit and maybe re-visit at another time.

First off it was just my results this week - 11lb in a week. I have gone from 162lb on Saturday morning last week to 173lb on Saturday morning this week. Now I know I am meant to go on inches rather than weight - but 11lb in a week! Puts me 4lb above my starting weight. And I still went ahead and did my cheat day so if I got on the scales now I would probably be another 3-4lb up on top of that.

I could accept that (somehow...) if it hadn't been for my 2nd reason for taking a break from it. I had horrible indigestion on Wednesday and Thursday and must have been in the bathroom on at least a dozen separate occasions. You would have thought I would have lost SOME weight through that anyway. But I felt so uncomfortable those couple of days that I kind of developed a stigma for the plan so need a couple of weeks or so to re-boot and re-assess.

I will still be eating healthy throughout my "break" and I will see how I feel. I'll post it up on here as well, and I think a lot of the basic principles of slow carb eating will still be applied - protein-rich, lots of veg, repeating meals....but I will make a few modifications which will probably bring me into the more conventional fat loss/muscle gain school of thought.

Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment