Saturday 1 January 2011

The first 3 days

Thursday 30 December and Friday 31 December I used as trial days to see how I would cope with the eating plan - it wasn't really a test of whether the eating plan works or not but just whether I would find it generally easy to cope with.

And based on my 2 test days, I think the answer is a pretty comfortable yes. I have a list of about 15-20 meals I like, if I make them up in big batches that sees me through for the week.

Personal favourites at the minute:



  • Canned refried beans
  • Curried chicken thighs
  • Grilled turkey rashers
  • Kidney beans in tomato sauce
In terms of vegetables, I love nothing more than spinach and green leafy salad - I can have it with pretty much anything so I am safe on that. I am also pretty comfortable with peppers broccoli, eggplant/aubergine. So I am pretty safe on that front.

I think as long as I keep my discipline and save my binges and cravings for my binge day, I should be doing fine. 

As for that binge day....well I have designated Saturdays as being my normal cheat day, and 1 January as my first official slow carb day. What luck that I get to start with a cheat day. I am loving it and deliberately gorging and indulging, to make myself so sick that I won't want to look at anything remotely cheat-worthy until next Saturday anyway. Still got 1 meal to go. 

By next week though I should hopefully have nailed the supplements and the exercise as well so I will hopefully be feeling even less guilty!

No comments:

Post a Comment