Sunday 30 January 2011

My NEW body transformation commandments

So, with a hiatus from slow carbing for the time being...probably around 2 weeks and if it goes well, maybe more...I do need to sort out some sort of eating plan to keep me going towards my getting ripped goals!


I won't be counting calories (still!) but I will be monitoring my protein, carb and fat intake properly. I will be aiming for a ratio of protein:carbs:fat of 40:30:30 on training days and
 40:20:40 on rest days. Minimum protein intake will be 170g per day to help muscle gain.

On training days I will be trying to time most of my carbs before and after my workouts so that I can make sure the insulin is channelling the nutrients to my muscles properly. Will leave a few more carbs to have around the day. The only exception will be allowing myself some porridge for breakfast as I usually find it sets me up for the day really well, although in fairness, I almost always do my training in the morning anyway so it would be timed around workouts anyway.

Protein will of course be the foundation of each meal, and I will be trying to have 6-7 smaller meals a day.


So most meals will consist of lean, clean protein sources, plenty of vegetables and a possible carb source - oatmeal/porridge, quinoa, sweet potato will probably be the corner stone, although again the bulk of this will be timed around my workouts.

Protein sources will include chicken, eggs, turkey, seafood, cottage cheese, quark cheese, fat free Greek yogurt, fromage frais, flax seed and of course my protein shakes.

Got no problems with downing lots of veg, but I am probably going to ease up on the legumes and lentils - they just don't work for me.

Fats sources will be hummus, nuts, nut butters, avocados, olive oil. Should do me fine.

Still undecided what to do about artificial sweetener - I know too much is definitely not good for you, and I definitely need to cut down heavily on the quantity I was having pre-slow carb, but I think a little bit of it will go a long way in helping keep me on track...at least until I can wean myself off it.

Definitely need to up my fluid intake as well. Really haven't generally been having enough water...so definitely does need to change.

Probably going to generally try to avoid fruit still - high sugar content.

I think that does cover everything for now. I will amend and adapt as I need to.

Plus as I am experimenting on my own and on myself, tracking is crucial. Weight, measurements, and photos of me will definitely be needed. I already have 2 out of 3. And I am definitely going to add in the flash diet concept from Tim Ferriss.

Let's see where this gets me.

1 comment: