Sunday 2 January 2011

Review of days 1 and 2

Day 1 - 1 Jan 2011


I for some reason unknown, decided to kick off my body transformation with a disgusting, uncontrolled, no holds-barred binge day.

I got up and had a slow carb meal of turkey bacon rashers, pinto beans and salad and didn't really indulge until 11-11.30 when I went in for a huge bowl of porridge oats made up with milk and a load of no cal sweetener. Savoured every spoonful.

What followed was a bit of blur,
consisting of a mixture of Lindt ginger dark chocolate, huge portions of chocolate brownie cheesecake, chicken, naan bread and I think there may have been some fruit squeezed in there somewhere as well.

Bottom line: I went to bed feeling like I was going to burst. I went and drank a load of hot water to try to flush out my system a bit. Huge plus side was waking up the next morning and shuddering at the thought of going off-track for the next few days at least!

Day 2 - 2 Jan 2011


First 'proper' day and I loved it. Enjoyed a good sleep-in this morning, and didn't get out of bed 'til about 8. Felt completely rested and refreshed and a lot better than when I went to bed the night before.

Started the day with a run, well more of a gentle jog really. It was hard work and I could still feel the previous day's indulgence swirling around in my gut, but I enjoyed it and got back feeling refreshed.

Quickly followed the run with a breakfast of roast chicken, lentils and heaps of spinach leaves.

Lunch for me was refried beans leafy salad, followed by my slow carb pancakes (recipe here) for dessert. Great protein source.

Was struggling a bit to come up with an appetite for dinner so split it into 2 meals of the same thing. Green leafy salad, refried beans and Mexican-style pork steaks (picture below). Was delicious, but I am absolutely stuffed now.



So far so good - we'll see how I go as memories of my disgusting over-indulgence on Saturday start to fade later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment