Friday 14 January 2011

Day 14

I think I have really got the hang of things a lot more now.

Breakfast today was some left over pork roast (yeah I don't know how I could stomach it first thing in the morning either) and my broccoli, cauliflower and kidney bean concoction. Using ghee adds such a nice flavour, it is definitely going to be a regular in all my meals. In fact today it was.

Had another bootcamp session and my goodness I was aching afterwards. If you have a fitness boot camp near you, go try it! If its even half decent you won't regret it.

Lunch I had out at Nando's so really easy to slow carb it. Half a chicken, removed skin, plus a side of ratatouille and used my diet coke quota for the day as well.

Snack was some grilled prawns with
the same veg/bean mix from breakfast.

Dinner was chicken stiry fry with peppers and the veg/bean mix again. It was so much easier and enjoyable having a big batch of something in the fridge. That is definitely the way forward for me.

Even though I am not convinced about my week 2 results (weigh in Saturday morning), I think I have got a bit more knowledge and experience now to fine tune and get things right for weeks 3 and 4. Stay tuned for my post on what I am going to be changing up.

1 comment:

  1. I like ratatouille as a good way to get my veggies. It's actually not that hard to make at home either...

    My wife and I make it and then re-heat it as a side for meals the next couple of days.

    Veggie Ratatouille (from www.4HourRecipes.com)
    List of Ingredients:
    -1 tablespoon olive oil
    -1 large onion, cut into small wedges
    -4 garlic cloves, chopped
    -1 small eggplant, cubed
    -1 red bell pepper, chopped
    -1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
    -1 zucchini, cubed
    -2 tablespoons tomato puree
    -3 tablespoons water
    -1 cup mushrooms, sliced
    -1 cup tomatoes, chopped
    -black pepper
    -1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
    -2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated (optional depending on how strict you want to be, 2 tablespoons isn't very much)

    Cooking Instructions:
    1. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan. Add the garlic, onion, and eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
    2. Add the bell peppers and zucchini. Continue to stir while cooking.
    3. Mix tomato puree and water, then add to the pan. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
    4. Add mushrooms and tomatoes. Continue to simmer for 12-15 minutes, until the veggies are tender. Add pepper, to taste.
    5. Top servings with chopped basil and Parmesan cheese.

    ReplyDelete